The Picoway effect
Patients will notice from 1st session better pigment clearance, skin rejuvenation & improvement of skin irregularities. Full results will be noticed upon completing the program.
Full laser beam
Lower pulse duration = Better clearance
- Photo-mechanical effect causes defragmentation of particles, it can be enhanced by either increasing the fluence (F) or decreasing the pulse duration (PD), STF=F/(PD)2.
- Decreasing pulse duration significantly increases the photo-mechanical effect and hence enhances the efficacy and improvement rate with less pain & more safety. Picoway is currently at the forefront of Pulse duration race by its 300, 375 & 450 PS for its wavelengths of 785, 532 & 1064 nm respectively.
- 532 & 1064 nm wavelengths are well known for their efficacy on dark & red shades of pigments. The optional 785 nm (Titanium Sapphire laser medium) is more selective on blue & green shades and has a very low absorption on blood.
Fractional laser beam
Laser-induced optical breakdown (LIOB) formation
LIOBS are ablated empty vacuoles/bubbles formed below the skin surface while keeping the stratum corneum intact :
- The process starts with the stripping of a few free electrons from the biological tissue (seeding).
- Once there are sufficient seeded free electrons, avalanche ionization occurs, greatly accelerating the production of free electrons.
- The free electrons form a plasma cloud that absorbs the remaining laser energy and expands explosively. In the process, a shock wave is launched.
- The physical shock forms a vacuole by the plasma ablation. An inflammatory process is started which includes fibroblast activation with new elastin, collagen & mucin formation*.
LIOBs can be focused in the epidermis using the 532nm wavelength, or in the upper papillary dermis using the 1064nm wavelength. In this way, treatments can be specifically tailored to treat dyspigmentation, add volume for wrinkles and acne scars.
*Brauer JA, Kazlouskaya V, Alabdulrazzaq H, Bae YS, Bernstein LJ, Anolik R, Heller PA, Geronemus RG. Use of a picosecond pulse duration laser with specialized optic for treatment of facial acne scarring. JAMA Dermatol 2015; 151(3): 278-284.
Interested to know more about the product?
Double the clearance in fewer sessions
Provides better clearance for normal pigmentation cases & is considered a new solution for resistant cases due to the strong defragmentation of pigment particles by 0.9 GW peak power.
Comfortable & safe treatment
The Picoway treatment is safe & tolerable when compared to other technologies due to increased photo-mechanical effect & lesser photo-thermal effect enabled by the ultra short 450 ps pulse duration.
Cold subsurface ablation
The Resolve fractional hand-piece causes mechanical ablation beneath the skin surface while maintaining the integrity of the outmost layer unlike thermal ablation in fractional lasers that ablates outer skin layers.
Scar treatment with no downtime
The Resolve fractional hand-piece creates non-thermal ablation that enables treating scars with no downtime & eliminates burn risks even in dark skin types.
No standby costs
Unlike other pico-lasers that starts consuming flash lamp once turned on, Picoway's Pulse-On-Demand technology uses flash lamp only upon laser shooting, thus it minimizes future costs & increases profitability.
Pencil grip hand-piece
The featherweight hand-piece allows for precise control of the applicator using fingers only and doesn't cause exhaustion in long working days.
No heat dissipation
Candela's fractional holographic technology provides uniform energy distribution by producing 101 equally identical fractional beams.
3 wavelengths for all colors
Picoway offers 532 nm, 1064 nm with an optional 785 nm wavelengths for a wide spectrum of pigments & tattoo colors.
Energy independent spot sizes
Picoway allows the choice from a range of fluences while using any spot size unlike other pico lasers that has a single fixed energy for each spot size.
Picoway is supported by the highest number of clinical studies & articles in addition to having FDA approval for all the treatments.
2 mins booting time
Picoway laser warms up in 2 mins only unlike other pico-lasers and thus eliminates patient waiting time.
Please select your country for a more personalized view