The Picoplus effect
Patients will notice clearance of pigments, reduction in scars & an overall rejuvenated skin.
Higher peak power = Better pigment clearance
- Photo-mechanical effect causes defragmentation of particles, it can be enhanced by either increasing the fluence (F) or decreasing the pulse duration (PD), STF=F/(PD)2.
- Decreasing pulse duration significantly increases the photo-mechanical effect and hence enhances the efficacy and improvement rate with less pain & more safety. Picoplus is currently at the forefront of Pulse duration race by its 450 PS for its wavelengths.
- 532 & 1064 nm wavelengths are well known for their efficacy on dark & red shades of pigments, the 595 & 660 nm are more selective on oxyhemoglobin for vascular treatments.
LIOBS are ablated empty vacuoles/bubbles formed below the skin surface while keeping the stratum corneum intact :
- The process starts with the stripping of a few free electrons from the biological tissue (seeding).
- Once there are sufficient seeded free electrons, avalanche ionization occurs, greatly accelerating the production of free electrons.
- The free electrons form a plasma cloud that absorbs the remaining laser energy and expands explosively. In the process, a shock wave is launched.
- The physical shock forms a vacuole by the plasma ablation. An inflammatory process is started which includes fibroblast activation with new elastin, collagen & mucin formation*.