Pigmentation & Vascular Removal
Face-lifting & Skin tightening
Fine hair removal
Medical furniture & accessories
Treatments & diagnostic
The Picoplus effect
Patients will notice clearance of pigments, reduction in scars & an overall rejuvenated skin.
The science behind Picoplus
Full laser beam
Higher peak power = Better pigment clearance
- Photo-mechanical effect causes defragmentation of particles, it can be enhanced by either increasing the fluence (F) or decreasing the pulse duration (PD), STF=F/(PD)2.
- Decreasing pulse duration significantly increases the photo-mechanical effect and hence enhances the efficacy and improvement rate with less pain & more safety. Picoplus is currently at the forefront of Pulse duration race by its 450 PS for its wavelengths.
- 532 & 1064 nm wavelengths are well known for their efficacy on dark & red shades of pigments, the 595 & 660 nm are more selective on oxyhemoglobin for vascular treatments.
Fractional laser beam
Laser-induced optical breakdown (LIOB) formation
LIOBS are ablated empty vacuoles/bubbles formed below the skin surface while keeping the stratum corneum intact :
- The process starts with the stripping of a few free electrons from the biological tissue (seeding).
- Once there are sufficient seeded free electrons, avalanche ionization occurs, greatly accelerating the production of free electrons.
- The free electrons form a plasma cloud that absorbs the remaining laser energy and expands explosively. In the process, a shock wave is launched.
- The physical shock forms a vacuole by the plasma ablation. An inflammatory process is started which includes fibroblast activation with new elastin, collagen & mucin formation*.
LIOBs can be focused in the epidermis using the 532nm wavelength, or in the upper papillary dermis using the 1064nm wavelength. In this way, treatments can be specifically tailored to treat dyspigmentation, add volume for wrinkles and acne scars.
*Brauer JA, Kazlouskaya V, Alabdulrazzaq H, Bae YS, Bernstein LJ, Anolik R, Heller PA, Geronemus RG. Use of a picosecond pulse duration laser with specialized optic for treatment of facial acne scarring. JAMA Dermatol 2015; 151(3): 278-284.
Interested to know more about the product?
Features and benefits
4 wavelengths for all colors
Picoplus offers 532, 1064, 595 & 660 nm wavelengths which enables treating a wide spectrum of pigments & tattoo colors in all skin types.
Adjustable depth control
The fractional hand-piece allows controlling scan size & the depth of penetration, this enables the user to target different skin layers and different lesion sizes for holistic pigment removal.
Cold subsurface ablation
The fractional hand-piece creates a mechanical ablation beneath the skin surface while maintaining the integrity of the outmost layer unlike thermal ablation in fractional lasers that ablates outer skin layers.
Comfortable & safe treatment
The Picoplus treatment is safe & tolerable when compared to other technologies due to increased photo-mechanical effect & lesser photo-thermal effect enabled by the ultra short 450 ps pulse duration.
Double the clearance in fewer sessions
Picoplus provides better clearance for normal pigmentation cases & is considered a new solution for resistant cases due to the strong defragmentation of pigment particles by 1.8 GW peak power.
The S-shape design of the hand piece carries away its weight allowing an easy & precise control by the user without causing any exhaustion.
Precise Fluence selection
Picoplus offers 57 fluence choices against 21 in competitors, this enables the user to select optimum fluence choice for each case without unnecessary surplus energy.
Scar treatment with no downtime
The fractional hand-piece creates non-thermal ablation that enables treating scars with no downtime & eliminates burn risks even in dark skin types.
Wide range of controls
Picoplus offers both nano & pico-second options. Additionally, it provides Pulse-to-Pulse (PTP) mode for sensitive skin by dividing the pulse into micro-pulses.
- Contact us